Sunday, March 28, 2010

Great White Buffalo


Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)
Directed by Steve Pink
Produced by Matt Moore, John Cusack, Grace Loh, John Morris
Written by Josh Heald, Jarrad Paul
Starring John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke, Chevy Chase, Crispin Glover

Hot Tub Time Machine Trailer

Notes
  • Some of the best parts in the movie were the George McFly scenes.
  • WHOAWHOAWHOA I just made the connection. He was in THAT movie, and now he's in THIS movie. Cool!
  • I thought I'd get a better kick out of the whole 1980's retro thing, but I realize I wasn't alive back then... so maybe when Hot Tub Time Machine 9 comes out in 30 years and takes place during the turn of the century, I SHALL LOVE IT.
  • It was difficult to not find John Cusak's relationship with that young girl a leeeetle creepy.
  • Chevy Chase did nothing.
  • The end of Hot Tub Time Machine reminded me of the end of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. If you saw both movies, YOU KNOW what I'm talkin' bout. (Both films also had 4 main characters in them too!)
Things I learned from Hot Tub
  • If you change a few things in the past, everything in the future will be perfect.
  • The word "awesome" was a hip slang word in 1986. (Wait, right?)
Recommended to
  • Those who lived through the 80's.
  • Those who want to see a decent R-rated comedy.
Not recommended to
  • Anyone outside of the intended demographic. (So uh... the movie did what it wanted to do.)
Conclusion

FINALLY a solid comedy with funny characters and a funny script. Nothing was majorly surprising, especially since a few parts were riffed from other time traveling movies, but it's so hard to find a good comedy nowadays in the slew of films that Hollywood is churning out. With its mediocre downs and its aweseomely hilarous ups, Hot Tub Time Machine ended up being pretty much what I expected. If it exceeded my expectations, however, I would have definitely given it... two tubs up.

-five!-

No comments:

Post a Comment