Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Italian Stallion

Rocky punching Apollo Creed's egg head into a cup. He does this 20 times, then drinks the whole cup in about 8 seconds.

Rocky (1976)
Directed by John G. Avildsen
Produced by Robert Chartoff, Irwin Winkler
Starring Sylvester Stallone, Burgess Meredith

Notes:
  • Yay for character driven stories!
  • The 1970's stuff was pretty cool to watch. I wonder if they thought that in the 1970's?
  • Is it me or does Apollo Creed look like Lando Calrissian. Must be the 'fro 'stache combo.
  • Rocky has cool glasses.
  • Rocky also has a cool name. Bravo, parents.
  • Why does his manager act like Popeye?
  • Sylvester Stalones' lips rarely move throughout the movie, I think that's how he keeps that cig in his mouth while he talks.
  • That training season with the Rocky music was all kinds of exciting.
Things I learned from Rocky:
  • "They don't remember you, they remember the rep!"
  • Punching meat should always be the answer.
Random quote:
  • "She's got gaps, I've got gaps... together we fill gaps."
Conclusion:

Great movie! I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment